We're ecobee. Born and raised in Canada, we're making living more comfortable with simply designed smart home devices that aren't just smart for our usersbut for our planet too.
We invented the world's first smart wifi enabled thermostat and continue to innovate the next generation in technology that is connecting the home. We know that ideas come from everywhere and our collaborative team encourages innovation. We create new solutions to old problems and nurture curiosity day-in and day-out.
We're rapidly expanding and looking for smart people to join the hive!
One of those people is a Senior User Experience Writer.
UX writers at ecobee combine great storytelling principles with a deep curiosity for how people live, work, and play in all the places we call home. As a strategic and conceptual thinker, you enjoy distilling complex ideas into a cohesive product narrative as much as you love brainstorming for out-of-the-box creative. You take pride in honing your wordsmithing with research and data.
Because you'll be the resident advocate for the ecobee voice across all touchpoints, you will collaborate with our marketing and human resources teams in addition to product managers, designers, and researchers. With a proven knack for breathing personality into products, you attest your work to user empathy above all elsebecause that's where you know great usability and branding can come together.
Ways you can contribute day one:
• Craft and codify product and brand communications for multiple products across digital, print, and voice channels
• Concept development with fellow writers, designers, and art directors from both product and marketing teams
• Work closely with project stakeholders to ensure copy is accurate and tonally consistent
• Help conduct research and test copy, using research to inform user personas and scenarios
• Develop product design and research artifacts with designers and researchers
• Champion the ecobee brand and user empathy for all product creative
Who You Are:
• 3-5 years of experience in an agency environment, including experience with digital and traditional marketing
• A versatile writer whose range spans from microcopy to longform insights reports
• Experience developing effective content strategy and user experience architecture as a writer
• A process enthusiastyou love a good set of brand guidelines
• A quick creative thinker with acute attention to detail, despite demanding deadlines and multiple projects
• A keen enthusiasm for and demonstrable understanding of technology trends
• Strong understanding of marketing and advertising principles
• Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
What we are offering:
• An opportunity to grow with a dynamic company with personal and professional growth
• Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
• A unique field in hardware easy to share the product with friends and family!
• Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
• Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
• Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
• Community support through our ecobee acts program
Are you the one we're looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process