As a User Experience Writing Manager, you are an advocate for Google design, working to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points. As a stellar writer, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates content that simplifies and beautifies the overall user experience. You work with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs including researchers, product managers, engineers, marketing and customer operations. Collaborating with each, you strive to establish cohesive language and a unified voice across products and platforms. You regularly use empathy, logic and hard data to inform content choices, and are an expert in your product. You provide content recommendations that include the right words and sometimes complementary data and images.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Drive a vision for UX content strategy for a given domain.
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship for a team of UX writers; lead creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms and devices.
- Define best practices for user interface writing and content strategy principles that establish the quality bar.
- Manage the team’s tactical execution to drive cohesive product narratives across all digital touch points within the product (and work with marketing and operations on touch points outside the product). Collaborate with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers and engineers to define requirements, and manage projects and stakeholders.
- Help coordinate translations, improve writing tools and processes, format documents, and generally lend a hand as needed to produce world-class software and hardware products.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of relevant experience in UX writing or online publishing.
- 3 years of experience managing or leading UX writing teams.
- Portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines for web and mobile applications.
- 8 years of relevant work experience, including experience with advertiser-focused writing for computing platforms.
- Knowledge of online technology and related technology and products.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. Enjoys working closely with teammates and possibly manages a variety of disciplines.
- Superb writing, editing, and project management skills.